Be on the lookout for new health-conscious and delicious recipes to try that will be posted weekly.
First up…. A HEALTHY SNACK
Perfect for on-the-go quick breakfast bites or just an afternoon pick-me-up.
TOASTED QUINOA ENERGY BITES
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups instant or quick oats (see tips)
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- Heat an 8″ skillet or fry pan over medium-high heat for 1–3 minutes. Toast quinoa 3–5 minutes or until it starts to brown and pop, stirring occasionally. Remove the quinoa to a medium bowl to cool slightly.
- Place oats in a food processor or blender and process until coarsely chopped.
- Add oats and the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
- Use 2 tablespoon scoop, scoop mixture, and roll into balls. Place it on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Place pan in freezer for 8-10 minutes or in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Store bites in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 4–5 days.